Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mid-Summer Festivities Preparation

In the next couple weeks, I'll be preparing to mark the Mid-Summer point on the calendar. In my outline of how I do sabbat days and how some of them might change, I mentioned that I would symbolize the change between the light and shadow self with masks. I don't actually know if I will be able to add this one this year. For me, things have to be 100% personalized, I don't seem to be able to connect with quote/unquote "manufactured" items and until I perfect paper mache' and master a technique for making a paper mache' mask of me own face, I'm not going to be able to make it work the way I want to make it work.

So, instead of that, I think I'm just going to do a 30 minute meditation to put the light self in hibernation until I again switch focus in February. That means that my posts may get a bit darker, dealing with some of the hurdles that I work very hard trying to overcome in my life. Fear being a gigantic one. Also, dealing with past abuses that still affect my life, today. Etc. Not that all the posts will be negative, I actually plan to try to turn them positive. But, the darker subject matter; death, fear, health problems, will be the focus of my attention in the next 6 months.

Our meal, I've decided, will be a butter roasted chicken, some roasted veggies and blackberry cobbler. Blackberries are being harvested as we speak where I live, and when I grew up, my grandparents began choosing the chickens that would be processed and frozen for winter suppers around this time of year. I will make some apple butter sometime around August 6th, also! I adore apple butter.

I have chosen a combination for the incense offering. Sandalwood for the evening, but a berry blend for the day time.

I plan to snap some pics to post in the middle of this stuff, except for during the meditation. I will also have some pictures of how the Grimoire is progressing, as I will still be putting a lot of effort into that at the same time.

So, time to prepare for the coming of my favorite time of year: fall! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment